Social Media Has Changed Everything
Nobody wants to be sold. Don’t believe me? When you walk on to a car lot and the salesman ask you if he can help you what do you say? “Sure I’m interested in Blah, Blah, Blah…” or “No just looking around.” Of course he could help you, he has access to all the info, but why don’t you want him to help? Because you don’t want to be sold.
This is where social media changes everything. The days of Billy Mays, “BUY NOW!!!” guys, are over. People just don’t want to be sold, the good news is that one of the strongest desires of the modern consumer is to belong. This is where you can kill it on social media. See Social Media is… well… it’s social. So have a party! If your preferred customer loves to see kittens and unicorns then 80% of your post on social media should have kittens and unicorns. THE OTHER 20% SHOULD NOT BE A SALES PITCH!!!
Your Social Media Content
80% – should consist of things your preferred customer is interested in:
The 20% – Pull back the curtain; invite your potential customer in to be part of your business culture.
- Employee Anniversaries
- Employee Birthdays
- Congratulate customers on their purchases
- Congratulate Employees/Customers on Accomplishments, i.e. “Hey, here is a quick shout out to Johnny Bravo, his band will be performing at the Shake N’ Bake this Friday. Johnny became a client and friend of the business 10 years ago, then 5 years ago joined the Team! We are so excited for him.”
If you build something that your potential clients will want to be a part of they will not only become clients put they will become referral machines and then sales… well… they will take care of themselves.